NetCharts Designer creates template files that describe data visualization tool elements. This may include any combination of templates for data connectivity- charts, tables, graphs, and dashboard solutions. These templates, individually or as part of a dashboard application project, can be deployed to NetCharts Server to host for all your users.
Design. Deploy. Done!
Standardized Development and Administration
NetCharts Designer provides a powerful, simple-to-use development environment that leverages the Eclipse platform. Familiarity of the platform allows developers to navigate the interface and integrate usage within standard development processes. NetCharts Server leverages standard web technologies to so developers and administrators can configure and optimize the hosting platform based on existing approches.
Client Data Binding
NetCharts Designer’s Data Binding panel allows developers to quickly map information from any data source into the appropriate chart, table or interactive dashboard. User can select and preview the data source, and then “bind” specific rows and columns to chart or table elements. Plus, NetCharts Designer contains built-in data tools and extensible “hooks” to convert raw information into meaningful data analytics. One or more built-in or custom data functions can be “chained” together in order to produce the appropriate output.
Visual Mining NetCharts Designer leverages wizards for all aspects of the design process. Developers can quickly create any template needed including charts, graphs, tables and data connections so dashboard applications can be developed in reduced time. Charts, tables, images, text blocks, and interactive dashboard elements can be simply dragged and dropped anywhere on a page. Dashboard solutions have never been so easy.
User interactivity such as drilldown operations between dashboards via charts and tables are exposed via dialogs. Client-side interactivity via rollover popup labels and build animation are automatic but can be configured using the standard controls in the editors.
Highly Customizable Data Visualization Templates
Specifically, Visual Mining NetCharts Designer produces the following types of customizable data visualization templates:
- Chart Definition Language (CDL) templates – These chart templates describe the look and behavior of interactive data visualization. The chart templates can be exported for runtime use within any of the NetCharts products or can be used to create static images. In addition to presentation information, each template may include runtime variables, data references, and style references. CDL templates can be exported for use by NetCharts Pro.
- Page Layout (PGL) templates – PGL files are used in conjunction with our data visualization tool to create pages for presentation applications. They can be exported to JSP, ASP/.NET and PDF. Each page can contain any combination of dashboard solutions: charts, tables, images, text, HTML form elements, downloadable data references and custom code segments. Drilldown behavior and variable passing can be controlled from the PGL template. PGL files can be exported for use with Java JSP, ASP/.NET or Cold Fusion environments. PGL files can also be used to generate PDF documents.
- Table Definition (TBL) templates – Table templates define column and row styling for tabular (alphanumeric text-based) data and interactivity such as drilldown options and pagination.
- Named Data Set (NDS) templates – NDS files can be configured to request data analytics information from many different databases, XML sources, flat files, or custom/legacy systems. NDS files are used by data clients; for example, charts and tables that use runtime data.
The Visual Mining NetCharts Designer Preview Browser saves time by providing a continuously up-to-date view of current development. As changes are made to the data, chart, table, page templates or interactive dashboards, the view automatically refreshes with the new information.
Powerful Analytics Library—Included
With more than 50 analytics functions built into NetCharts Server and Designer, pre-built calculations and algorithms can be applied to data for rapid analysis and visualization elements. For example, a retail store manager could apply a Pareto function to register receipts to see a ranking of the most popular products in the store. And trend and forecasting lines can be applied to gauge future sales. Or pre-built Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions can determine if the store is meeting sales and/or quality expectations.
Examples of the analytic functions included with NetCharts Designer include:
- Bin Data
- Univariate Metrics
- Normal and Histogram Distributions
- Moving Averages
- Bollinger Bands
- Financial Functions
- Regression Analysis
- Pareto Analysis
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) Analytics
- Track Order
- Stochastic Oscillator
- Surface Metrics
Shared Styles Using CSS
NetCharts Designer utilizes Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) classes to create and reuse any number of font, layout, color, pattern, and numerical formatting styles within the charting software. This provides for a consistent and easily maintainable presentation.
Parameters and Variables
Dramatically cut development time by reducing the number of templates required for an application. Developers can create a single template from our data visualization tool, and then insert different data or other customization parameters at runtime. Variables can be introduced into data queries to be controlled via user interactions such as form field controls or drilldown behaviors.